Monday, March 10, 2008

A Quick One...

Yes, that was me on the mound yesterday in the 9th inning against Boston. It was my day to throw and I kind of weasled my way into throwing one inning of a "real" game; or at least as real as a spring training exhibition game can get. Felt good. No pain. We'll see how I rebound over the next day or two. My goal is to build up over the next couple of weeks so when I start the season in Nashville, I'll be able to be a mainstay in that rotation. The team goal is still for me to be in the New York rotation by May 1. I'm hoping.

Lower body workout today. Ran 8 simulated miles (meaning on a machine) and swam the equivalent of 1 mile. Andy just started me on the swimming about a week ago. It's more stamina exercise.

The team has won 5 in a row. Too bad nothing counts so far.

No comments: